The Gospel preached from Isaiah 53 reveals the plan of God through the redemptive work of Christ at Calvary. Calvary ministers the power of healing to the body and an Eternal Salvation to the human soul.
In Psalm 22 David prophesies Christ’s final hours on the cross at Calvary.
· Ps 22:1…My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
· Ps 22: 16… the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
This prophecy was recorded approx.700 years before Christ came. Its truth was concealed in the Word of God for centuries but now revealed by the preaching of the Gospel in the Grace Age we live in. Many Old Testament prophecies point to the redemptive work of Christ at Calvary but far more point to His second coming and the restoration of Israel.
The essence of the true Gospel comes from prophecy. The power of the Gospel changes and heals the entire human being. The Gospel message is always a Christ centered message. Why? Jesus said in Saint John 15:26;
· John 15:26-27…But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: And ye also shall bear witness
The Holy Spirit testifies Christ to the human soul. The Gospel message reveals Christ to the human ear. The written Word of God testified of Christ in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.
· Ps 40:7-8…Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God
· 1 Thess 1:5…For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance;
All the Apostles after the death of Christ preached this same Gospel message. Men of God throughout the Old Testament also preached the Gospel…Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, etc.
· 1 Peter 4:6…For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
· Heb 4:2…For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
One of the reasons the true Gospel isn’t preached sometimes is because of a lack of evidence of Christ in the Holy Scriptures. A shallow knowledge can sometimes mean a shallow faith. Getting people to the Gospel message is the will of God. Having knowledge of the Word of God can broaden the preacher’s message of a Savior. The more a preacher knows about Christ the better he can help people to understand who Christ is and what Christ does. The demonstration of the Holy Spirit in the heart of the Lords servant does the rest.
· 2 Cor 4:3-6…But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ
· 1 Cor 2:4-5…And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God