Revelation of the mystery…· Rom 16:25-26…Now to him that is of power to establish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
The Revelation of the person and character of Jesus Christ is ministered to the human soul through the preaching of the Gospel. The “true” Gospel message calls men to unite with the Spirit of God through belief in the death of Christ for the forgiveness of sins. The Revelation of the Gospel that Paul called “his Gospel” is what the Prophets, the Psalms, and the Law of Moses prophetically recorded about the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. The revelation offered to man through Gospel preaching is to be conveyed to the entire lost world. The evidence and fruit of the Gospel message is: the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit; becoming a member of the body of Christ; forgiveness of sins; holiness of heart; a changed life; eternal life after death; etc. All these pertain to the mystery that Paul spoke of concerning the revelation of Christ.
Revelation of Jesus Christ…· Gal 1:12…For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Truth concerning Christ’s redemptive work and the power of His resurrection was revealed and confirmed to Paul by Divine Revelation. The character of Christ was manifested in Paul’s heart and life through the Holy Spirit’s witness. Every believer in Christ has this same witness.
· 1 John 5:10… He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself
Mans natural understanding is enlightened through Divine revelation …
The person and character of Christ is revealed to the heart of man by the Holy Ghost through the Gospel message. Hearing the Gospel sways a man from the natural understanding of his heart.
· Eph 1:13…In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
· Eph 1:17-18…That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints.
Natural understanding causes men to steer away from, or reject the truth about Christ.
· Eph 4:18…Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
When the Revelation of Christ is revealed to the human soul, man’s understanding is opened to truth of the Holy Scriptures.
· Luke 24:32…And they said one to another, did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?
· Luke 24:45… Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures
Divine Revelation comes from the Spirit of God…When prophecies like Genesis 3:15, Isaiah 53, and Psalms 22 that reveal the person of Christ are preached, light is placed on the power of Salvation that comes through hearing about a Saviour. The true Gospel allows God to minister truth to the hearts of any listener. Truth revealed to the soul of man can change the course of the unrighteous and make his course righteous under the directive of God. Confirmation of the Revelation of Christ in the heart and mind of a believer can provide boldness to carry this truth into a lost world. The natural mind of man, cannot reveal such truth.
· Eph 3:3-5…How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
· Gal 1:15-16…But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
Grace extended to the heart of man through Divine Revelation…
God calls men to salvation by hearing the Gospel. Divine Revelation shows the recipient of the Gospel a way to escape a life of sin and disobedience. Without recognition of Christ man cannot break away from the bondage of sin. Saving Grace through the person of Christ is revealed when sinful men “believe” who Christ is. By Grace given from Christ himself, they can escape the bondage of sin and live a holy life.
· 1 Peter 1:13-14…Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: