Saturday, May 22, 2010

Holy Hubert Lindsey...called to preach holiness

Hubert Lindsey knew his call to preach. Hubert Lindsey was a preacher who wasn’t in it for the glory or the pat on the back. He preached holiness and would not deviate from the importance of that truth. He taught people they needed to have a clean heart by the Grace of God. He told people they could live right and do right because of the divine nature received from Christ in the new birth. By no means would Hubert Lindsey’s message of holiness win a popularity contest but he preached it with joy and contentment. Hubert Lindsey preached unadulterated holiness and would not deviate from it. Hubert would not compromise God’s Word for money, for a position, or for a title. Hubert Lindsey was simply a preacher who taught God’s standard of purity according to the Bible. As anyone with Bible knowledge already knows, holiness of heart and conduct is a quite unpopular doctrine in the mainstream. Regardless of the mainstream way of thinking Hubert Lindsey would not condone sin or disobedience to God for any reason. This holy stance made Hubert Lindsey offensive to some, but to others he was very much loved and respected for the truth about Christ he preached.

Hubert’s messages morally impacted countless souls with the power of a living Christ. He taught holiness the same as written in the New Testament records. Hubert taught the Bible from memory with an unimaginable amount of scriptural based truth that ministered holiness to all who listened. For 72 years Hubert Lindsey ministered the Gospel of Christ to small crowds and large crowds across the United States, from Canada, to Mexico, from the East Coast to the West Coast. He preached in the Open Air, publicly under tents, in church houses of all denominations, in seminaries, on the campus setting, on sidewalks, in jailhouses and prisons, on the Radio, or wherever Christ led him. Hubert was in it for Christ and Christ only!

Hubert once testified about going to death row to minister. He said a woman called him and asked him to go and visit her son who was on death row in a Texas Prison. He knew Christ wanted him to go so he went, but it wasn’t very pleasant experience. The first day the inmate threw urine on Hubert and wouldn’t hear the Gospel. The second day the same thing! The third and forth day the same thing! On the fifth day the inmate repented. He recieved the Gospel that Hubert ministered and in turn gave his heart to Christ! Hubert’s persistence and love for sinful man allowed him to win that man to eternity! Hubert knew his obligation to Christ and his obligation to preach the Gospel!

• 1 Cor 9:16-19… For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me. What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel. For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment