Thursday, October 22, 2009

Getting people to Christ...as God wills

There is no format! God ministers to people severally as He wills. God uses men just like you and I to be His mouthpiece. God uses people just like you and to "win" people to Christ. We win...but God does the converting.

Jim Denton and I had an inspirational conversation last night about Hubert Lindsey and how Hubert's ministry for Christ was so affective to reach the hearts of men and women for Christ. It came to my attention that Brother Lindsey operated in many different offices to reach people's hearts and lives. Christ's ministry of Apostles, Prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers came to mind. I recognized how Brother Lindsey operated in these different offices to reach people for the cause of Christ. I was touched by Brother Lindsey's minstry and I have also advocated his teachings since day one.That ministry (the four fold ministry) still exists today! Christ still "gives" some to do this work! Why? To perfect the saints for the work of the ministry.

During the days of Berkeley (through the 60's and 70's) God used Brother Lindsey as an Evangelist. When Brother Lindsey started the Church in Birmingham (in the 80's) God used him as a teacher of teachers. The audio ministry that I am presently publishing on the Internet and in my personal ministry was made and published at that location. There was a radio broadcast called the Churches on Trial (which this Blog was named after). There were services 3-4 times a week. There were in depth Bible teachings (without limitations of denomination). God used Brother Lindsey in a different way in the 80's but Christ still gets the glory today.

I am a product of the ministry that God used Brother Lindsey to make public in those years. I trusted those teachings enough that God was able to operate through this writer and Preacher up to this present hour. Brother Lindsey's endeavors for Christ were true and on the mark. His teachings likewise meet that same standard.

I am thankful today that God has opened doors for this man to continue the Apostles doctrine of the teachings of the New Testament. This Blog is a work of beauty. My ministry for Christ (at the Upper Room) is work of beauty. My fellowship with others like Brother Denton in Pontiac Mi (who was influenced by Brother Lindsey's teachings) is a breath of fresh air.

This is my story and the story for Christ goes on and on. Glory!

Bible Study tonight...7:00 PM at the Upper Room.

Could this be Joy Unspeakable?

No comments:

Post a Comment