There are many verses in the Bible that indicate man can lose faith. These include:
· 1 Tim 4:1…Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith
· 1 Tim 6:10…they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
· Heb 6:4-6…For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away,
Faith is determined by man’s knowledge of Christ. A great knowledge supports a great faith. Those weak in faith will have a shallow knowledge. A man full of faith lives in a realm of knowing who Christ is, what Christ does, what God says, what the Word teaches, and what is written. This is the basis of saving faith.
Without faith man leans toward worldly wisdom. Worldly wisdom will cause men not to believe the word of truth. Worldly wisdom is based on things outside the Word of God such as motivational speaking, philosophy, religion, etc. The faith of a child of God is never based on worldly wisdom or mans opinions it is strictly based on the person of Christ.
Faith acknowledges the Holy Spirits presence. Faith acknowledges the truth of the Word of God. Faith knows that mans sins are forgiven through the death of Christ on the cross. Faith knows the power of an invisible God. Faith is the evidence of things not seen.
· 2 Cor 5:7…For we walk by faith, not by sight:
The faithfulness of man and the inner work Gods Grace is the theme of the Holy Bible. By faith men get to God. When they get to God their moral obligation becomes a godly life. By faith in the death of Christ for the forgiveness of sins Divine Grace is freely given. Grace thus provides a change to the moral make-up of man.
· Eph 2:8…For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God
· Titus 2:11-12…For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;