Thursday, March 4, 2010

The "Thread of Hope"...when Christ becomes "real"... in your heart and life.

Christ became real to Rick Roehm back in... 11/11/1987. Christ came into this writers heart and life and became reality and hope all these years. Christ's substance and existence in my life has formed my peace, my joy, and my hope for a future with Him in Heaven. My personal life, my marriage, my livelihood, my children, and everything that I am... are in Christ's hands. My eyes are on Him everyday. Christ got my attention through belief and trust... and I never lose it! Regardless of the obstacles in life!

My ministry at the Upper Room and the call Christ has placed in my life has been treasured above all things, far above anything this world has ever had to offer. To be honest, "Christ threw this writer a lifeline... I call it my Thread of Hope". When I say, "Thread" I mean a tiny thread. Christ didn't throw me a rope of hope...only a thread! Why do I say this? The Bible says...If the righteous scarcely be saved where does that leave the ungodly and the sinner? I am scarcely saved but the thread Christ has given me but it is more that enough to keep me connected to Christ! Glory!

Yes, my brother's and sister's, I'm very much satisfied with the Salvation that Christ has given this writer the past 25 years. I love God with all my heart. I love people! I love my wife and children. I love my Church! I enjoy doing service for Christ! Glory! The economical situation I encounter in my everyday life is the worst I've seen in 13 years, but I'm still satisfied with the reality of Christ in my life! The riches of Christ have vast substance to this writer. His riches far outweigh the riches of the world! The eyes of this writer's heart stay focused on Christ everyday of my life...through the good times and the bad times! Since Christ became "reality"... His presence keeps me satisfied!

I'm so satisfied with the Upper Room... that God has blessed us with to bless others with! My desire is to continue carrying the truth and teaching others this reality about Christ I speak of in this Blog. The reality of Christ is made known to all who come to our fountain at the Upper Room to drink of His Spirit. How blessed this writer is to be able to testify to the reality of Christ's Grace in my personal heart and life; at Church; in the workplace; and on this Blog!

Christ must become "real" to you, every minute, every hour, and every day! Christ must become real to your thinking, real in your actions, and real in your obedience to God! Christ's reality in your personal heart and life allows the truth of the Bible to be confirmed in your heart and life. This truth I speak of is the changed moral character that is the "fruit" of the Spirit in your lives and in your actions. This fruit is that fact that Christ is real in your heart and in your life. You mind the Spirit because Christ is real to you. You live the Word because Christ is real in your life. The New Testament only proves that other men before you likewise experienced the reality of Christ in their hearts and personal lives!

The truth of this matter is that the presence of Christ is real in 2013. The power of Christ is real as we speak! Christ's very personality and character is what can changes the way you think, changes the way you act, and changes the way you behave. Please note...this change is not a process! It is an actual experience when Christ becomes "real" in your heart and life.

Don't be deceived into thinking that Christianity is a process. It's not! It's a blessing! It's experienced! It's lived out! It's confirmed in Acts -Revelation! Glory! Has Christ became real to you? If so you have this same "Thread of Hope" I speak of. Glory to Christ! He's real! He's alive! By His grace you are saved! Because of Him you are changed! You are blessed by the reality of Christ! Tell others about Him! I'm glad Tuesday's are the Lord's Day at the Upper Room. Every Tuesday and Sunday! With joy! Hallelujah! Glossed over and slightly re-written 9-1-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment