Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hubert Lindsey told people they were going to Hell. So did Jesus!

Some people think its cold and uncompassionate to tell people they're going to Hell. Other people don't even believe there is a Hell. Would you believe its God's compassion to save a lost soul from Eternal Damnation that's found in the fires of Hell? Would you believe that Brother Lindsey had compassion for lost souls and gave his total life to the cause of Christ to save souls from the Eternal fiery pits of Hell's Fire? Jesus did the same!

Hell's Damnation is not mentioned to much anymore as people think its an uncompassionate and cold subject that doesn't need to be touched on today. The Bible teaches the opposite. I personally teach Hell and make people acknowledge the fact that they don't have to believe in Hell to go there. I got that slogan from Brother Lindsey.

Today, I read other Blogs such as...Stone the Preacher...and hear excellent testimonies from men that reached back as far as 1968 where Brother Lindsey preached on the streets of Berkeley to radicals, hippies, protesters, students, organizations,the upper crust, the lower crust,the rich, the famous,the talented, the untalented...and just PEOPLE! Brother Lindsey gave himself to the cause of Christ...totally!

People still testify to such today...Why? They were touched by the Christ behind Brother Lindsey's preaching. Even back 40 years ago. Here's a beautiful testimony that touched my heart. It came across another Blog yesterday

In the fall of 1968, I was a brand new freshman, walking onto the campus at UC right at the corner of Bancroft and Telegraph. There he was, surrounded by a small crowd. Isaac the Satanist was mocking him. I was from a little resort town in the Sierras and had never seen anything like this. Somehow I got found myself at the front of the gathering. I had never seen anything like this! He was telling us that we were going to hell and other similar things, with energy, humor and anger. Suddenly, he pointed me out. “And you, you don’t know what you’re doing. Do you?” That was it. I was a 18 year old kid suddenly exposed and humiliated in front of a bunch of strangers. I got away and after that, kept my distance.

But he was right. I didn’t know what I was doing. Three years later, I met Jesus. For the past 38 years have been all over the world, carrying the love and power of God. Unknown to me, Hubert had given me “the word of the Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment