It’s important to note that mans faith can decrease. Mans faith can fail. Man can even believe in vain. Unbelief causes men to draw back from God. Unbelief allows man to fall back into sin. All these statements indicate that a man who once believed “can lose faith”. By losing faith man can thus separate himself from a union made with the person of Christ. The Eternal Mercy of a living Christ extended to the heart of believer is likewise separated from. Then, the wrath of God comes back upon these children of disobedience because they neglect the importance and greatness of Salvation to the human soul that comes through Christ.
• Heb 2:2-3…For if the word spoken by angels was steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward; How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
• Eph 2:2-3…Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Men weave in and out of Christ through contempt or consent which are acts of the human will. Why? Belief or unbelief is based on the action of man. Contempt or consent of the human will determines the stand of any man’s belief. An unbeliever is an unholy man in the eyes of God. A believer is a holy man in the eyes of God. An unbeliever has an impure heart. A believer in Christ has a pure heart. When God looks upon the heart of man He sees either the believer or an unbeliever; or a clean heart or an unclean heart. The will of a believer is obedient to Christ. The will of an unbeliever is disobedient to Christ. The human will can either believe in Christ or disbelieve Christ. No man can have two states of being at the same time. Here’s what the Bible says about unbelievers.
• Rev 21:8…But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone
Some denominations claim a believer can never lose his Salvation. The Bible does however say that man can depart from his faith.
• 1 Tim 4:1…that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
The Bible goes on to say without faith it’s impossible to please God. Is not unbelief the opposite of faith? So if faithful men please God would not unfaithful men displease him?
• Heb 11:6…But without faith it is impossible to please him:
The Bible indicates that men can fall away from enlightenment of Salvation.
• Heb 6:4-6…For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
It only takes belief in Christ to receive and to stand in Eternal Salvation. Why? Belief is consent of the human will to Christ. It only takes unbelief to depart from Grace. Why? Unbelief is contempt of the human will against Christ. Is your will controlled by the Holy Spirit? Are you minding the Spirit of God? That is why it’s so important to know where you stand with Christ every minute, every hour, every day. The Apostle Paul encouraged all believers to keep the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ fresh in their memory at all times. By doing so man would never believe in vain; or decrease in faith to the point of unbelief.
• 1 Cor 15:1-4…Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
May the Lord bless you richly in consciousness and obedience to Christ. We love you all!