Monday, July 13, 2009

Pointing people to Christ...

One purpose of this Blog is to tell people and point people to the person Christ; so Christ can become real to their hearts and lives. Christ is real to this writer and I really mean it!

Did you ever notice how ungodly the world is around you? The vulgarity and profanity that goes on. Do you remember how, before Christ gave you a clean heart, how you used to be? Just look at the sensuality and dirty living going on in the world. The lust of the flesh the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life. The sinful nature man rules the hearts of the unsaved world and teaches man everything ...but who Christ is. I speak of Christ who is real...a Christ who cleanses the soul and removes guilt from the human conscience. I speak of Christ who gives man a holy heart and a right conduct in life. This Christ I speak of makes men and women "new creations" with a new standard of living.

The Devil has field days roaming around like a lion seeking whom he may devour. Drug addiction is at an all time high in 2009. When I mention drug addiction I speak of legal addictions as well as illicit addictions as some doctors seem to prescribe anything you want. Just look around you'll see it! Alcoholism and strong drink plagues society with an acceptable, lax, and legal means of social pleasure and even getting a legal buzz. You have legalized gambling (even in some Churches as fund raisers) and worldly pleasures that are wrecking families and marriages by the thousands. These socially accepted things oppose Christ.

Why am I picking on these worldly things? They cause unsaved people to miss the power and person of Christ. These worldly things keep the unsaved world mentally occupied and tied up. These things keep the mind and interests of humanity focused "worldly things" rather that Jesus. This is why God wants His servants to tell the ungodly world about Jesus' saving Grace. This is why God wants Jesus' power to be told about. He knows the necessity of getting men delivered from sin and from the world. He knows the necessity to make Christ known. God doesn't want the unsaved world to miss Christ...or Christ's delivering power that saves!

I preach Jesus daily. I preach at work... I preach on this Blog... I preach at the Upper Room, and now the Holy Spirit is leading me to preach out in the world. The Spirit of God prompts this preacher to get outside the four walls. The Holy Spirit prompts this preacher to tell the world about how real Christ is. The Spirit has made this writer a witness for Christ. Woe to me if I preach not the Gospel of Christ. God has shown this preacher how ungodly the world really is...but through love and compassion for fellow man I tell people about Christ and His saving Grace. I point people to Him...to His holy presence...and tell them about Christ's power to deliver the unsaved man from the disease of sin.

Yes, sin is the disease...but Jesus is the cure. Yes, life does have many problems...but Jesus is problem solver. That's why I point people to Jesus. That's why I stir people with these blogs. That's what Gods wants me to do. Yes, God wants this writer to point people to Christ! I also admit... this ungodly world sometimes even tries to consume this preacher...but the living Christ I serve... simply takes over and makes intercession for His servant. That's why I trust Christ so much. He's never let me down.

Rom 8:32...He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

1 Cor 2:12... Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment